Curried fish is rich in Omega 3..........
The curried fish and salmon loaf recipes shown here contain the omega 3 fatty acids, which have been tested and proven beneficial for cardiovascular health. There are a host of other benefits - explained in more detail on the next page. For now, please enjoy.
Curried fish with onions
1 Pound of any fish filet
1 1/2 cups cooking wine
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 quarter onion, sliced
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Cut onion into slices
2. Marinade fish filet in cooking wine for 5 minutes
3. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok or heavy skillet. Fry filet until golden brown.
4. Remove fish and place on serving platter.5. Add remaining oil to wok and stir fry onions for 2 minutes.
6. Add curry powder, 1 cup water and salt to wok. Heat to boiling.
7. Pour the sauce over the fish on the plate.
Steve and Kathy have created a wonderful place to learn just which wine will compliment your recipe! Visit and learn all about the California wine country.
A Tasty Salmon Loaf
1# can salmon, juice and all
3/4 - 1 cup bread crumbs
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp. butter
3 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
2 dashes Tabasco
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
Mix all together and put in oiled loaf pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.
Let sit 10 minutes before cutting. SERVES 4.
Remember: fish is brain food and some of us need all the help we can get! :-)
If you liked this recipe for curried fish and salmon loaf, there are other delicious recipes here.