Party dips using spinach, artichoke, cheese and eggplant.
Party dips are crowd pleasers and can be conversation pieces. Stick this spinach dip in a hollowed out round loaf of bread. Surround it with bread cubes poked with those little toothpicks with the frilly thingys on top. Makes it easy to dip and eat.
Spinach and artichoke dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip,
plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
fresh ground black pepper
1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (better with Pepper Jack Cheese)
1/4 cup finely chopped white onions
1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Using electric mixer blend cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper.
Fold in artichoke hearts, cheeses, onion, and spinach.
Transfer to a 9x12 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
3. Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes.
Serve warm. Makes about 5½ cups.
Add a little hot pepper sauce, to taste, if you like spicy cheese dip.
If you are serving a fruit plate, here is an easy little party dip. Tastes great!
1 (6 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
1. Mix Jello Pudding and milk.
2. Add Cool Whip.
3. Add Grand Marnier to taste.
Game Day Dip
This party dip sure goes well with those wings on the home page!
2 loaves round Hawaiian bread (round sourdough is good, too)
1 cup helmans mayonnaise
8 ounces sour cream
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
2 teaspoons dill weed
3 (4 ounce) packages corned beef
5 green onions
1. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream.
2. Add parsley,beaumonde,and dill.
3. Chop the corn beef and onion very small and add to the mixture.
4. Scoop the center out of one of the loaves of bread and reserve. Make sure the hole is big enough to hold the dip.
5. Slice the reserved bread and the other
loaf of bread into three or four inch cubes.
6. Place cubes around the bread bowl and serve.
We just had this dip for the first time at a friends party and we had
to have the recipe to share with you!
2 medium eggplants
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 teaspoons ginger, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon cilantro
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/2 lemon, juice of
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Prick eggplants and roast for 35-40 minutes until colapsed and wrinkled. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan and add onion over medium heat and cook 3-4 minutes.
Add next 6 ingredients and saute until onions are soft and mixture is fragrant.
3. Pour mixture in food processor and cool slightly.
Add yogurt, cilantro and tomato paste and process until smooth.
4. Remove the pulp from the roasted eggplant and put into processor and process until smooth. Add lemon juice
and salt and pepper to taste. Process again for 30 seconds.
Serve hot, cold or room temp with pita chips.
If you have favorite party dips to share, please contact me...