Healthy soup - page 2
The second recipe on this page is not really a healthy soup. It is more a healthy snack. The Chinese feel this recipe calms your mind and lowers your blood pressure. So, when you are upset, just whip up some peanuts and celery, sit back and relax. Enjoy!
Papaya and Coix-seed* Soup
1/3 pound of papaya
1/5 pound of coix seed
1 tbl raw sugar
7 cups of water
1. Put cleaned papaya pieces and coix seeds in a steel pot with 7 cups of water.
2. Soak for 10 minutes.
3. Put the pot over low heat and simmer until the coix seeds begin to melt.
4. Add raw sugar and simmer another 10 minutes.
Shredded chicken may also be added.
*Coix seeds are called job's tears. They are a cereal grain. Asian food stores have them. Many natural food stores have them, also.
Peanuts and Celery
1/3 cup peanuts
3 stalks celery
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbl soy sauce
1/2 tbl sugar
1/2 tbl vinegar
1 tbl cooking oil
1/4 tbl pepper oil
1. Heat cooking oil in pan for 1 minute.
2. Add peanuts, fry until crispy and move to a plate.
3. Cut celery into 1 inch slices.
4. Boil celery in water for 30 seconds; then remove and rinse in cold water. Drain off any excess water.
5. Arrange the celery around the plate and place peanuts at the center.
6. Put soy sauce, salt, sugar, vinegar, and pepper oil in a small bowl and mix well.
7. Pour the mixture over the peanuts and serve.
Click on ebook cover to order!
Healthy soup page 1