Healthy soup tastes sooo good.
There is nothing like a steaming bowl of healthy soup when you are not feeling quite up to par.
Does anyone remember how delicious a warm bowl of soup (I remember chicken soup) tasted when you were younger and didn't feel well? Mom or Dad always had a special healthy soup to make you feel better.
Maybe a few saltines or oyster crackers on the side? We smashed our crackers and put them in the soup. It was enough to make your discomfort melt away. At least until the next nice warm bowl of soup!
Tomato and Pork Soup - Serves two
1/3 pound of pork
1 tbl olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbl cooking wine
1/2 tbl starch (we use cornstarch)
1 stalk of green onion
6 cups of water
1. Wash and cut tomatos into thick slices.
2. Chop green onion into small pieces.
3. Cut pork into thin slices. Mix well with salt, olive oil, wine and starch.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a wok on high. Fry tomato slices for 2 minutes.
5. Put 6 cups of water into wok and bring to a boil.
6. Add pork and boil for another 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle in green onion before serving.
Beef and Spinach Soup - serves two
1/4 pound of beef
1 cup of spinach
5 cups of water, chicken stock, or beef stock
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Slice beef into 1 inch squares.
2. Wash spinach and put into boiling water for 30 seconds.
3. Cut spinach into 2 inch strips.
4. Bring 5 cups of water or stock to a boil over high heat.
5. Add beef slices, cook for 5 minutes. Then add spinach strips, cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Mix well; serve.
More healthy soup recipes